Wednesday 17 June 2015

I can't wait to play Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

Also known as Genei Ibun Roku #FE, is an upcoming JRPG i'm dying to play. I've had a lot of interest in this title since it was announced, but it's the gameplay which we've only recently found out more about, and how it combines elements from the Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei series that has me wishing a chance to play this game wasn't so far away. It's thanks to the wonderful Nintendo Treehouse streams at E3 (gameplay and discussions with developers from games that are featured in Nintendo's E3 event) that I finally have my answer, and it's so much more then what I was expecting.


I'm a fan of both SMT's dungeon crawler/turn based gameplay and the tactical role playing elements found in the FE series, but if I had to choose one it would be SMT. Preferring that, I was more then pleased to see what SMTxFE has to offer. Everything from the style of battle to dungeon exploring, it's what I enjoy most when playing a JRPG game. Aside from the gameplay elements that have been brought in from the two long running series of games, there's also a large selection of new elements - which I recommend you see for yourself in the stream i've posted above. They are truly a treat, one I love to see in a genre that is always growing with new ideas.

Roaming around Tokyo has me so excited to see every last inch of what the game has to offer. Especially seeing as it's not a made up Tokyo, but in fact based off the real deal - an element i'll appreciated a lot more after my trip to Japan this October. Another part about this game that I like is music. It won't be everyones cup of tea (it'll turn a lot of people away), but this Vocaloid fan is all for a strong idol inclusion into SMTxFE.


It's going to be a painful wait for SMTxFE to be released. I believe no mention of a EU release date has appeared, but i'd like to think that's just a matter of time. We don't have the best luck when it comes to Atlus games being released, so fingers crossed this will be an exception. Until then, i'll be excited to hear more of what this game will have to offer over the coming months.

1 comment: